shopping-bag 0
Items : 0
Subtotal : R0.00
View Cart Check Out

Single Blog Title

This is a single blog caption

2018 Season update.

Good Morning All
Following the meetings between COCT and SAFA, SAFA and all LFA’s and the Cape Town Tygerberg LFA with its members the decision has been made that our 2018 season will commence in June.
All teams will participate, only one round will be played, no promotion, no relegation.
Having said this, these fixtures are subject to available facilities which are governed by CoCT field grading scores. To provide clarity, here are the categories and associated restrictions
Field closure until further notice
<40% to 60%
Four hours per week per field usage
<60% to 75%
Six hours per week per field usage
>75% and above
Eight hours per week per field usage
The last assessment undertaken at Abe Sher was last week and our entire complex was graded <40% which means our training cannot commence this week as previously advised.
It is for this reason that we have no alternative but to delay the start of pre-season training to April 2018.
Having said this, both Senior and Junior Team Coaches are more than welcome to start/continue with other forms of training in the interim. Please note that the safety of members must be considered at all times.
The question asked by many is “What about our borehole??” Government Gazette 7866 published 26 January 2018 restricts usage to one hour on a Tuesday and a Saturday only. No sprinkler or water canon may be used.
Our coverage is very limited but we are busy with an alternate watering system which will allow us to cover a much larger area in the limited 2 hours that we have per week.
We are also investigating alternate training options to ensure that we can have some form of pre-season activity even if it is not making use of our fields. We cannot make a decision regarding a reduction of member subscription fees with so much uncertainty. In order to commence with the registration process we will only collect R200 per Senior and R150 per Junior. Once the amended 2018 fees have been agreed to, the balance of subs will be collected. The new negotiated fees will need to be ratified at a Special General Meeting. The 2018 Registration forms are available for download on our Website.
Details of when the office will be open will be advised shortly. With the alternate watering system we are hoping that we can get a minimum of two fields graded above 40% in the short term so that sessions can commence at our home ground.
The Committee is currently engaging with other Clubs in the area to explore options that they have adopted. We are also looking into holding coaching clinics and group sessions for our Juniors.
All ideas and proposals will be shared shortly. We do ask that if members have any out the box ideas on alternative training suggestions or watering ideas please email our Committee at
Please be assured that we will be investigating alternatives and do our outmost to keep football at Bothasig FC alive.
Kind Regards
Glenda van Eck